by Goat Staff
Sun Peaks Resort near Kamloops is planning $60M in upgrades this year including a new chairlift to improve ski-in, ski-out access.
A new four passenger, fixed grip lift will be installed in the East Village area to improve access to the main village core along with existing ski terrain, Sun Peaks says. The $4M project is slated for completion in December 2018.
The resort is also investing $7M in a guest room makeover at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel and Conference Centre which will upgrade the 221 rooms.
The resort also plans to:
- Increase capacity by 30% on Sundance Express with the addition of new carriers
- Two new snow cats for grooming
- Construction of a new Sun Peaks Centre multi-purpose facility
- Completion of construction on the sold out Village Walk luxury townhome complex
- Launch of construction on the pre-sold Echo Landing alpine townhome and condo project