In an effort to better keep the community informed the Robson Valley Regional RCMP will be providing weekly press releases to the local papers. The list is not inclusive of all calls of service the local RCMP detachments receive, but provides a cross section of what is happening in the Robson Valley.
• On June 7th a McBride RCMP officer conducted a traffic stop of a British Columbia male on Highway 16 near Tete Jaune. The officer smelled marihuana and arrested the man. A search of the vehicle yielded a small amount of marihuana and the man was released with no charges.
• On June 7th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of an assault at the intersection of Bridge Road and Highway 16. Officers found that a local McBride male had struck a second local male during an argument. The officers located the suspect and he was arrested and later released on a promise to appear in McBride Provincial Court. The male was also given conditions not to contact the victim.
• On June 7th the Valemount RCMP received a complaint of a collision between a moose and a Honda Fit on Highway 16. The lone female occupant suffered minor injuries and was treated at the Valemount Health Clinic.
• On June 9th a McBride RCMP officer conducted a traffic stop of a vehicle speeding on Highway 16 near McBride. The officer smelled marihuana in the vehicle and arrested the occupant. A search yielded a small amount of marihuana and the male was released with no charge.
• On June 10th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of a single vehicle crash on Highway 16 near Walker Creek. Attendance was made and the occupant of the vehicle had left the area. The vehicle owner was contacted and confirmed she had lent her vehicle to a male who had travelled to McBride to appear in court. The driver was identified and had suffered minor injury. The driver will be receiving a violation ticket for failing to stay right and failing to remain at the scene of an accident. Speed is believed to have been a factor in the crash.
• On June 11th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of overdue campers in the Walker Creek area. It was found that the two lower mainland males had gotten their vehicle stuck while camping in the area and were stranded. Robson Valley Search and Rescue was activated and the males were located un-injured.
• On June 12th the Valemount RCMP received a complaint of a vehicle being stolen from a residence in Valemount. Officers attended and with the assistance of a witness located the stolen vehicle. Two males fled on foot however one was captured immediately by an officer. The Alberta male was later released by a Judicial Justice of the Peace on a further court appearance and conditions. The identity of the second male is known and charges are pending.
• On June 12th the Valemount RCMP recovered a vehicle which had been stolen from Clearwater. The RCMP believes that this vehicle was likely abandoned by the suspects who later stole a vehicle in Valemount and were then apprehended.
• On June 12th a McBride RCMP officer conducted a vehicle stop on Highway 16 near McBride and smelled marihuana in the vehicle. The occupant was arrested and a search yielded a small amount of marihuana. The male was issued a violation ticket for speeding and was released from custody.