submitted by Robson Valley RCMP
• On March 15th a Valemount RCMP officer conducted a vehicle stop for speeding on Highway 16 near Mount Robson. The officer gained grounds to believe the occupants were in possession of marihuana and conducted an arrest. A small amount of marihuana was located and seized. The males were released with after receiving a violation ticket for speeding.
• On March 15th a Valemount RCMP officer stopped a vehicle on Highway 16 near Mount Robson after it was found travelling at 140 km/h. The officer then found the driver was in possession of marihuana and conducted an arrest and searched the vehicle. A small amount of marihuana and liquor were seized. The driver was released after receiving a violation ticket for speeding.
• On March 17th a McBride RCMP officer arrested the occupant of a West bound vehicle on Highway 16 East of McBride after it was found the vehicle was not insured. Initially the vehicle was believed to be stolen however investigation revealed it was not. The driver was issued various violation tickets and was released. The vehicle was impounded pending proper insurance.
• On March 17th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of a commercial vehicle rollover East of McBride. McBride Fire Rescue and BC Ambulance both attended with RCMP. Investigation revealed that the driver had consumed alcohol and likely fell asleep resulting in the crash. Luckily there were no other vehicles involved. The driver received an Immediate Roadside Suspension and was charged with several Motor Vehicle Act offences.
• On March 18th the Valemount RCMP received a complaint of a suspicious male checking vehicles in the Allen Creek area. The male was approached by a citizen and said he was repossessing a trailer. The suspicious male then left the area. Patrols by the RCMP failed to locate the male again. It is believed the male may have been looking for opportunity to commit theft.
• On March 18th the Valemount RCMP was notified of a lost boater on Kinbasket Lake. Two males had been boating in separate boats and when only one returned to shore he reported the second missing. Search and Rescue was activated and the RCMP officer attended the area. Prior to emergency services arriving on scene the second male turned up. He had taken an alternate route across the lake and was not injured.
• On March 19th a McBride RCMP officer conducted a road check on Highway 16 at Tete Jaune. Two Alberta occupants of an East bound truck were arrested after the officer gained grounds to believe they were in possession of marihuana. A searched yielded a small amount of the drug and the couple were released from custody.
On March 19th a McBride RCMP officer arrested three occupants of a vehicle after detecting the presence of marihuana during a road check. The officer found a small amount of marihuana and drug using paraphernalia. The three occupants were re • leased without charge.
• On March 19th a McBride RCMP officer arrested an Alberta female in a vehicle travelling West on Highway 16 near Tete Jaune after detecting the presence of marihuana. A search of the vehicle yielded marihuana and a large quantity of Canadian money hidden in the vehicle. The marihuana and money were both seized and the female was released to attend Provincial Court in McBride.
• On March 19th a McBride RCMP officer investigated the occupants of a vehicle for possession of a stolen licence plate. The Alberta couple were travelling through the area when the officer noted the licence plate on their car was reported stolen. A controlled arrest was conducted. After further investigation it was found someone bad switched plates on the vehicle without the couple’s knowledge. The couple were released after being issued various Motor Vehicle Act violations.
• On March 19th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of two overdue snowmobilers. The two Alberta men had gone up Renshaw Mountain and had failed to return when expected. The officer was able to reach the males via phone and found that they had gotten stuck but were now safe. Search and Rescue was not activated.
• On March 20th a McBride RCMP officer stopped an Alberta male in a vehicle near Tete Jaune. The man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance and a search yielded a small amount of marihuana. The man was released without charge.
• On March 20th the McBride RCMP received a complaint of a motor vehicle collision with a deer on Highway 16 near Crescent Spur. There were no injuries and the vehicle did not obstruct traffic.