By Laura Keil
The BC Wildfire Service has implemented an Area Restriction Order for the vicinity of the Teare Creek wildfire (G30210), located east of the community of McBride. The size of the area restriction reflects the continued need to protect the public in areas where there are ongoing fire suppression activities.
This order takes effect immediately and remains in force until September 30, 2023 or until it is rescinded. The order applies to crown land within the geographic boundary outlined below and shown on the map provided:
- Starting at Point 1: 53°18.468’N x -120°07.917’W, on the Rainbow Falls Road moving NW along the McBride Mountain Bike Trail to Point 2: 53°19.632’N x -120°9.881’W; then moving NE along the trail system to Point 3: 53°20.080’N x -120°8.635’W, on Rainbow Falls Road; following Rainbow Falls Road SE to Point 4: 53°19.915’N x -120°8.247’W; moving SE back to the trail system to Point 5: 53°19.520’N x -120°7.823’W; then following the McBride Mountain Bike Trail System back to Point 1: 53º18.468’N x -120°07.917’W.
Under this Order and section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
- (a)Travelling to or from his or her residence.
- (b)Using a highway as defined in the Highway Act.
- (c)Travelling through or entering the area as a person acting in an official capacity; or
- (d)Travelling through or entering the area for an approved purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.
Failure to comply with Section 11 restricted area requirements may result in a violation ticket for $1,150.