By Andru McCracken

Superintendent Anita Richardson said it was a faulty alarm that caused an evacuation at the McBride Centennial Elementary School Oct 30th.

When asked by the Goat about a rumoured propane leak at the school, Richardson said the cause of the alarm was a faulty sensor.

“The situation was resolved by staff from our facilities department later that day.”

She said an alarm sounded shortly after noon on October 30 and the students were evacuated to the E-Free Church.

Richardson said parents and busses picked up their kids at the church after school.