By Goat Staff:
Rain and cooler temperatures have reduced the wildfire risk in most parts of the province, so the BC Wildfire Service has rescinded campfire bans in some regions effective at noon today Friday, Sept. 7, 2018.
Campfire bans are fully rescinded today throughout the Prince George Fire Centre, Cariboo Fire Centre and Kamloops Fire Centre.
A map showing the affected areas in the PG Fire Centre is available here: http://ow.ly/Gxua30lIuvP
The following activities remain prohibited throughout the Prince George Fire Centre:
* Category 2 and Category 3 open fires, as defined in the Wildfire Regulation
* the use of air curtain burners (forced-air burning systems)
* the use of sky lanterns
* the use of fireworks, including firecrackers
* the use of burn barrels or burning cages of any size or description
* the use of binary exploding targets (e.g., for target practice)