Submitted by ROBSON VALLEY RCMP
• On January 18th Valemount RCMP attended a single vehicle collision south of Valemount with BC Ambulance Service after a report of a vehicle in the ditch. Neither the driver nor vehicle was damaged.
• On January 18th Valemount RCMP recovered a stolen vehicle abandoned near Allan Creek. The vehicle had been stolen out of Edmonton.
• On January 18th Valemount RCMP stopped a vehicle for speed on Hwy 5 and arrested the driver after an odour of marihuana was detected in the vehicle. A small amount of marihuana and drug paraphernalia was seized for destruction and the driver was issued a violation ticket for speed.
• On January 19th a 31 year old McBride male failed to report in at the detachment as required by his conditions. Breach charges have been forwarded to Crown counsel.
• On January 20th Valemount RCMP were advised by Kamloops of a possible suicidal male headed through Valemount. The male was located and spoken to by police who determined that
he was not a threat to himself or others and permitted to carry on to Alberta.
• On January 20th McBride RCMP attended an abandoned vehicle near Walker Creek. The vehicle was removed for safety reasons and rolls of wire in the bed of the truck were seized as possible stolen property. Anyone with information is asked to call the McBride RCMP at 250-569-2255 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
• On January 22nd Valemount RCMP received a report of a missing sledder who had become separated from his group. Robson Valley Search and Rescue was activated and the male sledder was located unharmed.
• On January 23rd Valemount RCMP received a report of tires being slashed on a snowmobile trailer at a local hotel. If anyone has information they are asked to call the Valemount RCMP at 250-566-4466 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.
• On January 23rd Valemount RCMP recovered a stolen vehicle, trailer, and snowmobiles near Jackman Flats. The items had been stolen out of Clearwater and Kamloops. The matter is still under investigation.
• On January 23rd McBride RCMP stopped a vehicle after it was tracked at 154 km/h on Hwy 16 near Dawson Rd. The driver, a 42 year old Vanderhoof male, was issued a violation ticket for excessive speed and his vehicle was impounded for 7 days.
• On January 24th Valemount and McBride RCMP were conducting a road check near Tete Jaune. A 38 year old Edmonton male was unlicenced and prohibited from driving Canada wide. The male was arrested and released on a Promise to Appear and his vehicle was impounded for 7 days. The male is scheduled to appear in Court in Valemount in April.
As the officers were finishing up the abovementioned road check a red pick-up truck was observed swerving over the center line and the vehicle was stopped. The driver, a 39 year old Edmonton male, provided a false name and was arrested for Obstructing a Police officer. The subsequent investigation revealed the driver was prohibited from driving Canada wide and a search of the vehicle uncovered; 140 grams of Methamphetamine, assault rifles, prohibited magazine, body armour, and a balaclava. The male was held in custody and is facing multiple Criminal Code and Provincial charges including; obstruction, possession of a controlled substance, possession of body armour, possession of a prohibited device, unauthorized possession of a firearm, carless storage of a firearm, possessing a firearm while prohibited, loaded firearm in a motor vehicle, and several other firearm related and breach charges.