Photo submitted by Steep and Deep Images  - Graham Woolsey (far right), gets ready to cruise down Tinfoil Hat, his favourite trail. The trail has over 500 users since Apr. 27th.

Forging ahead with trail development

May 26, 2016 The Goat
by EVAN MATTHEWS The Valemount Area Recreation Development Association (VARDA) continues to ride its momentum, as phase two of construction on the Valemount Bike Park is underway this summer. The second phase will finalize the […]
Photo: Matthew Wheeler  - A recent photo of Marilyn Wheeler taken just over a month ago with her beloved dog Patch.

Iron Lady Marilyn Wheeler passes

May 25, 2016 The Goat
Photo: Matthew Wheeler – A recent photo of Marilyn Wheeler taken just over a month ago with her beloved dog Patch.by KORIE MARSHALL with files from DANNIELLE ALAN and MATTHEW WHEELER Last week, local historian and […]

Simpcw visit territory; sign agreement

May 17, 2016 The Goat
by KORIE MARSHALL Simpcw Council held a regular meeting in the northern part of their territory on April 18th, says Band Councillor Tina Donald. While in the area, Councillors took some time to enjoy the […]

Big things ahead for new corporate officer

May 17, 2016 The Goat
by EVAN MATTHEWS When it comes to corporate administration and following procedure in regards to licensing, permits and the mechanics of how council gets things done, Valemount has a new overseer. Mark Brennan, a Vancouver […]

Meet the Goat’s new editor

May 16, 2016 The Goat
by EVAN MATTHEWS Has anyone been asking, ‘who is the new guy in town?’ Well, if you have, let me introduce myself. My name is Evan Matthews. I’m 25-years-old, and I come from Friendly Manitoba, […]
1 32 33 34 35 36